The Patriot PAWS Volunteer Program benefits both humanity at large and the individual volunteer. Volunteers make valuable economic and social contributions to the organization. Through its strong network of volunteers and partners, Patriot PAWS Service Dogs aspires to turn its compassion to action by creating opportunities for volunteers to experience the reward of serving those who have served our country. This action supports the mission of Patriot PAWS to alleviate the suffering of disabled American veterans through providing them with highly trained service dogs.
Patriot PAWS Service Dogs enjoys sharing our passion for helping veterans and we want our volunteers to feel welcome and involved in the process of placing service dogs with disabled American veterans.
Our organization recognizes the importance of building strong relationships within our community through an engaging and dynamic volunteer program that supports our Patriot PAWS mission. As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that is 100% privately funded, it is essential to our success to utilize a strong volunteer force to accomplish our mission.
To accomplish this, we strive to offer volunteer opportunities in most areas of the organization and are always looking for new and innovative ways to engage our volunteers. Patriot PAWS has a very small paid staff and relies heavily on the generous time donation of our volunteers to keep administrative costs low while continuing to accomplish our mission.
All volunteers must complete a volunteer application and attend orientation prior to serving any volunteer hours. Orientations are held once per month at the Training Center in Rockwall, TX. During orientation you will: tour the facility, meet staff members, learn the history and mission of Patriot PAWS, find out the various areas in which you can volunteer and see a demonstration of what we train the dogs to do to help disabled veterans. It always concludes with a Q&A session with Patriot PAWS Staff.
Volunteer Rights and Responsibilities.
Volunteers are viewed as a valuable resource to Patriot PAWS, its staff and its clients.
Patriot PAWS Volunteers have the right to:
- be given meaningful assignments
- be treated as equal co-workers with respect and dignity
- effective supervision and leadership that fully support volunteer success
- receive appropriate instruction or training to accomplish volunteer duties
- be informed of how to file a grievance
- full involvement and participation in roles and activities that support the organizational mission
- recognition and appreciation for work done
In return, volunteers shall agree to:
- actively perform their duties to the best of their abilities
- to remain loyal to the goals and mission of Patriot PAWS
- represent Patriot PAWS according to the Code of Conduct
- perform duties according to Patriot PAWS protocols and methodology
- abide by a confidentiality agreement and adhere to HIPAA laws