Full-time puppy raisers live and work with their service dog-in-training in their homes for an extended period of time. Before you decide to foster one of our adorable, energetic dogs you may want to consider the following:
Puppy raising requirements include:
- Providing a safe, healthy environment where the dog feels loved and wanted
- Understanding that this is a family commitment and everyone in the family is to be involved in the welfare of the dog
- Socializing and keeping the dog with you as much as possible (i.e. shopping, work, family outings, etc.)
- Teaching the dog good house manners
- Exercising and training your dog daily
- Having a fenced-in yard
- Obtaining regular medical care (i.e. vaccinations) for the dog in coordination with Patriot PAWS
- Completing monthly reports provided by the trainers
- The willingness to follow the training guidelines given by Patriot PAWS
- Returning the dog to Patriot PAWS as instructed by the trainers
- Attendance at training classes at least twice a month, daytime classes are held two Fridays each month from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
PLEASE NOTE, THE RESPONSIBLE PARTY FOR THE DOG MUST BE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD
Please remember that puppy raising is a donation of your time, energy and service. We at Patriot PAWS appreciate your dedication to our program.
Email us for additional information at firstname.lastname@example.org