Service Dog Application
Patriot PAWS Service Dogs is deeply grateful to the brave men and women who fight for our freedom. We work diligently to honor America’s finest. If you are a veteran in need of assistance and are interested in receiving a service dog application, please download the service dog assistance application in PDF format.
Questions? You can e-mail us at email@example.com Application Process for Veterans with Mobile Disabilities
Application Process For Veterans With Mobile Disabilities
Please be advised:
It is the policy of Patriot PAWS that if a service dog is to be placed in a home where another dog is present, we reserve the right to deny placement according to the personalities and strengths of the service dogs available at that time. We must make sure the service dog team will be able to properly bond. When more than one dog is in the applicant’s home, we will not consider placement of a service dog into that environment. IN NO WAY ARE WE SAYING THAT YOU SHOULD REMOVE YOUR FAMILY PETS. Because of our policy, we encourage you to also apply with other agencies.
1. Download the application from our website www.patriotpaws.org and make a hard copy for completion. Please type or print clearly with blue or black ink only.
2. Complete the Personal Information part of the application and submit either by mail to:
Patriot PAWS Service Dogs, 254 Ranch Trail, Rockwall, TX 75032
or by FAX submission to: 972-772-3284
and/or by email submission to: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. The Medical History part of the application (pages 1A-4A) is to be completed by the applicant’s Primary Care Physician. Patriot PAWS does not require the applicant’s full medical records. Please send the Medical History part of the application directly to: Patriot PAWS Service Dogs, 254 Ranch Trail, Rockwall, TX 75032.
4. Two letters of recommendation are required from an outside source other than a relative with one letter being from a veterinarian if the applicant currently has one.
5. When all parts of the application form have been received, the application will be reviewed by the Patriot PAWS Selection Committee. A representative of Patriot PAWS will contact the applicant to clarify any committee issues and answer any questions the applicant may have about the program. Please note, branch of service, term of service and rank are for informational purposes only and are not factors used to determine eligibility for a Patriot PAWS service dog.
6. After the application review, a Patriot PAWS representative will contact the applicant and discuss the next procedures in the application process. A facility visit is required along with a home visit. If a facility visit is not feasible for the applicant, the applicant needs to contact Patriot PAWS and speak to a Patriot PAWS representative, who will; in detail, discuss the applicants next option, which will be an, in-home video.
7. Please note, sending in the application does not mean the applicant’s application is automatically approved; it MUST go before a committee to be tentatively approved. Once, the application is tentatively approved; the timeframe for the applicant, from start until actual receipt of a service dog can be 24 months or more. It is crucial that the applicant sends in all the requirements needed by Patriot PAWS.
8. Once a service dog is matched to the applicant, the applicant must be financially able to maintain his/her functional lifestyle during the transitional training phase with the service dog (approximately 7-10 days). Patriot PAWS does not provide such things as attendant care, transportation, etc. during this period.
You are our heroes, our passion.