Mobility Assistance Service Dog Application
Patriot PAWS Service Dogs is deeply grateful to the brave men and women who fight for our freedom. We work diligently to honor America’s finest. If you are a veteran in need of assistance and are interested in receiving a mobility assistance service dog application, please click on the blue button at the bottom of this page to download the application in PDF format.
You can e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Process For Veterans With Mobile Disabilities
Please be advised:
It is the policy of Patriot PAWS that if a service dog is to be placed in a home where another dog is present, we reserve the right to deny placement according to the personalities and strengths of the service dogs available at that time. We must make sure the service dog team will be able to properly bond. When more than one dog is in the applicant’s home, we will not consider placement of a service dog into that environment. IN NO WAY ARE WE SAYING THAT YOU SHOULD REMOVE YOUR FAMILY PETS. Because of our policy, we encourage you to also apply with other agencies.
1. Download the application from our website and make a hard copy for completion. Please type or print clearly with blue or black ink only.
2. Complete Part 1: Personal Information of the application and submit by mail, FAX or email:
MAIL: Patriot PAWS Service Dogs, 254 Ranch Trail, Rockwall, TX 75032
EMAIL: Scan and attach to an email to email@example.com
3. Part 2: Medical History (pages A-D) is to be completed by the applicant’s Medical or Mental Health Provider. Patriot PAWS does not require the applicant’s full medical records. You may have the Provider’s office mail the Medical History portion of the application directly to Patriot PAWS Service Dogs at 254 Ranch Trail, Rockwall, TX 75032 or FAX to 972-772-3284.
4. Two letters of recommendation are required from any person not related to the applicant. One letter should be from a Veterinarian IF the applicant currently has one.
5. When all items required for this application have been received, the application will be reviewed by the Patriot PAWS Selection Committee. A representative of Patriot PAWS will contact the applicant to clarify any committee issues and answer any questions the applicant may have about the program. Please note, branch of service, term of service and rank are for informational purposes only and are not factors used to determine eligibility for a Patriot PAWS service dog.
6. After the application review, a Patriot PAWS representative will contact the applicant and discuss the next procedures in the application process. A facility visit is required along with a home visit. If a facility visit is not feasible, the applicant must contact Patriot PAWS and speak to a representative who will discuss, in detail, the applicants next option, which is an in-home video.
7. Please note, sending in the application does not mean the applicant is automatically approved. The application MUST go before a committee to be tentatively approved. Once the application is tentatively approved the timeframe for the applicant, from start until actual receipt of a service dog, can be 24 months or more. It is crucial that the applicant send in all the requirements needed by Patriot PAWS.
8. Once a service dog is matched to the applicant, the applicant must be financially able to travel to Texas and maintain his/her functional lifestyle during the transitional training phase with the service dog (approximately 7-10 days). Patriot PAWS does not provide such things as attendant care, transportation, etc. during this period.
9. Questions regarding this process may be submitted via email to Patriot PAWS at: firstname.lastname@example.org